The Big Albertina Art Tour: From Albrecht Dürer To Gerhard Richter
In this Albertina art tour, we will visit almost every room, from the Avant-garde art to the Butliner collection, as well as contemporary art halls and photography rooms, to discover the must-see objects from the permanent exhibition, as well as the masterpieces of the temporary exhibitions.
- The Albertina is a multidisciplinary museum. In this art tour, we will visit each of the rooms to discover the must-see objects from the permanent exhibition and the masterpieces of the temporary exhibitions. We will try to find the answer to the question of how important it is for us - the viewers - to be aware of the artist's personality, and whether that helps us to understand works of art, or whether it rather distorts our perception of art. We will look at the specifics of the style of the different artists and try to understand how attitudes towards creative freedom and the concept of inspiration have changed through the different centuries.
- Historic rooms (graphics by Dürer, Rubens, Schiele and Klimt).
- The exhibition "From Monet to Picasso" from the Butliners' collection: the triumph of geniuses and the death of the artist.
- Either "Contemporary Art Halls: Hermann Nietzsche: The Boundaries of The Canvas" (runs until 11 August 2019), or "Albrecht Dürer and The Birth of Art for Everybody" (runs from 21 September 2019 until 6 January 2020)
- Professional art historian guide
- Skip-the-line admission tickets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat (dependent on season)
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.